Progestin-Only Injectable Contraception (Injectables)
This module was developed for use in training physicians, nurses, and midwives and other health care providers allowed to provide Progestin-Only Injectable Contraception ("injectables").
- Describe injectables as an effective FP method,
- Counsel and screen clients seeking injectables,
- Respond to rumors and misconceptions about injectables,
- Provide services for injectable clients,
- Recognize and manage common side effects and complications, and
- Provide follow up care for injectable acceptors.
Read the Quick Start guide below, if you haven't already--and then explore the tabs at right to walk through the Facilitator's Guide, illustrative examples, presentation slides, handouts, and more--all of which you are free to adapt for your training participants' needs.