Progestin-Only Injectable Contraception (Injectables)
Note, October 2017: The WHO has released its revised Medical Eligibility Criteria and Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use in 2015-16. Links are below. The TRP module will be updated to reflect those changes by early 2018. Please consult the revised WHO documents for changes in the interim.
This module was developed for use in training physicians, nurses, and midwives and other health care providers allowed to provide Progestin-Only Injectable Contraception ("injectables").
- Describe injectables as an effective FP method,
- Counsel and screen clients seeking injectables,
- Respond to rumors and misconceptions about injectables,
- Provide services for injectable clients,
- Recognize and manage common side effects and complications, and
- Provide follow up care for injectable acceptors.
Read the Quick Start guide below, if you haven't already--and then explore the tabs at right to walk through the Facilitator's Guide, illustrative examples, presentation slides, handouts, and more--all of which you are free to adapt for your training participants' needs.