WHO’s Family Planning Guidance Documents and Job Aids
This module is designed to be used by clinical trainers and pre-service educators with a thorough understanding of adult learning principles and the ability to provide clinical training on FP topics in pre-service or in-service settings.
Designed to actively involve the trainees in the learning process, sessions include:
- a session plan,
- PowerPoint presentations, and
- accompanying activities and resources.
By the end of the training, trainees should be able to:
Explain the purpose and intended use of WHO’s guidelines and job aids:
- Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use (MEC) including job aids
- Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use (SPR)
Family Planning: A Global Handbook for Providers
- Quick Start Guide
- WHO Medical Eligibility Criteria (MEC) for Contraceptive Use Executive Summary (5th Edition 2015)
- WHO Medical Eligibility Criteria (MEC) for Contraceptive Use, Fifth edition, 2015
- Family Planning: A Global Handbook for Providers (3rd Edition, 2018)
- Selected Practice Recommendations for Contraceptive Use (3rd edition 2016)